Update: Our practice will be closed through April 30.
Walk-In times are suspended. We can schedule curbside service as needed.
There is no higher priority for Highline Hearing Professionals than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Washington State Department of Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
We have always had a strong commitment to infection control at Highline Hearing. All of our staff and providers wash their hands frequently for 20 seconds before and after cleaning hearing aids and interacting with patients. We have hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol placed throughout the office for patients and employees to use. We are also taking additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- We have removed magazines in the waiting room that could transport germs. We apologize for the inconvenience!
- If you are feeling under the weather, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Walk-in hours in our various offices can create a crowd in our waiting rooms so if an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we would urge you to avoid walk-in hours and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our very best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also ask a healthy loved one to bring your hearing aids for a cleaning.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss
We understand the importance of hearing your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients.